Lesbian road trip to the Cotswolds

Back in March, I traveled to the United Kingdom for the London Book Fair.

But that wasn’t the only purpose for the trip.

For months, Clare Lydon, Harper Bliss, and I had been discussing working on a trilogy together, and we wanted to set our lesfic universe in the Cotswolds.

I’d driven through the area once or twice when I lived in the UK, but I hadn’t really been there to explore. The three of us, along with Harper’s Mrs., decided to meet up in London and then go on a road trip to the Cotswolds. Four lesbians and a van! Truly, does it ever get more lesbian than that?

It was a fantastic weekend. Not only was it fab to spend time with good friends, but the area is just stunning.

Some of the things we stumbled upon made it into my book, A Shot at Love, book one in The Village Romance series.

Like this adorable dog:

This mill:

A river:

And here’s the inspiration for The Golden Fleece, the pub in my novel.

More importantly, our friendship deepened. Here’s the three of us on one of the bridges.

(From left: Harper Bliss, Clare Lydon, and TB Markinson)

Stay tuned for more updates on the series!

About TBM

This entry was posted in Writing and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Lesbian road trip to the Cotswolds

1. Renate says:

Hi..pictures are great..now I can relate to the story even more. By the way, it really is a fun story to read, makes me want to visit this place.Thanks for the ARC…

2. Joanne says:

Thanks, I love the photos and that I have visuals to go with the stories.

3. butchjax says:

Looks like a place to experience in person! By the time I finally get to the UK I can stay for a month just visiting the places my favorite books are set.

• TBM says:

The UK is absolutely amazing. I lived there for six years and I still didn’t see everything I wanted to. But it does give me a great excuse to keep going back.

Thanks so much for commenting!

TB

4. Cyndi Heet says:

Love the pictures, especially the one of the three of you on the bridge. Looks like you were having fun! Can’t wait to read the series.

5. Christine says:

What a beautiful area! Can’t wait to read the new book 🙂